home to premium quality goat milk skin care and nature-based products
We thrive on helping others lead a more
Our Mission Statement
At Honey Sweetie Acres, our goal is to handcraft premium quality goat milk skin care and nature-based products. The skin is the largest organ of the human body, accounting for over 20% by weight. The skin is second, only to the gut, in the amount of microbes it encounters on a daily basis. We aim to provide all customers safe and healthy choices for their skin as well as some measure of comfort to those suffering from dryness and various inflammatory conditions.
- A passion for our business and we thrive on helping others lead a more holistic/healthier lifestyle
- Go the extra mile to provide our customers with a personalized service, you are not just a number, you are our cherished customer and we work everyday to keep your business and your trust.
- Fight to keep our prices reasonable each year while obtaining the very highest quality, premium ingredients we can find from USDA approved vendors and other top providers.
- We pursue ORGANIC ingredients wherever we can, with the goal of keeping the end product affordable for the average family.
- We keep our promises, are up-front & transparent….we pursue continuous improvement AND education in our field
- Strive to deliver the best value add, cost management/lifestyle benefits for our customers.
- In all the above, we will remain committed to Eco-Friendly business practices meaning reduce, re-use and recycle wherever we can.
First, we milk the does twice daily into stainless steel. We then filter and pour the milk into sanitized jars, chill it very quickly in an ice bath. This prevents the formation of undesirable bacteria.
Purified, granular, food-grade lye is used. The appropriate amount is calculated per the recipe and weighed out.
As the milk and lye are stirred together, the sugars in the milk react and the mixture begins to turn yellow as it heats up.
While allowing our lye mixture to cool, we begin weighing the oils used in the recipe
When the mixture has “traced” or thickened to the desired consistency, we pour the raw soap into the mold.
Molds are tapped and the raw soap is checked for levelness.
If desired, the tops are now swirled.
After slicing, bars are place in the dryer which allows air to circulate between the bars for 6 weeks. This allows the remaining water to evaporate and the bars to cure. The dryers are located in a consistently dehumidified room.
After the soap has dried for approximately 3 weeks, each bar is stamped, then returned to the dryer to complete the curing process. Then it’s ready for market.